A new researches in Akrai, has been presented while following conferences:
1. March 12-21, 2011, University La Sapienza in Rome, Italy - Acrae antica alla luce di indagini non invasive 2009 e 2010 (by Dr Roksana Chowaniec).
2. March 1-3, 2012, 16th SOMA Symposium on Mediterranean Archaeology in Florence, Italy - Non-destructive surveys of ancient city Akrai, Palazzolo Acreide, Sicily (by Dr Roksana Chowaniec).
3. August 28 - September 2, 2012, 18th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Archaeologists in Helsinki, Finland - The Sicilian World after the Punic Wars. Greek Colony in the New Reality (by Dr Roksana Chowaniec).
4. November 7-10, 2012, International Conference "The restored Villa and New Researches on Late Antique Housing" in Piazza Armerina, Italy - Nuove scoperte a Siracusa (by Dr Lorenzo Guzzardi).
On 22nd September 2012, a conference titled "Quando il futuro incontra il passato. La tecnologia moderna nella ricerca archeologica del Siracusano" has been organized by Society "SiciliAntica" (the initiative of Marta Fitula and Enrica de Melio. The conference took place in Palazzolo Acreide, in "Sala Verde" in the City Hall.
Dr Roksana Chowaniec has presented a paper titled: Urbanistica di Akrai alla luce della ricerca non invasiva.
5. November 6-7, 2014, Paris, France, Musee Quai Branly Modern techniques of archaeological excavations' documentation. The Ancient Town of Akrai, South-Eastern Sicily" (by Stobiecka Monika)
6. September 15-19, 2015, Warsaw Poland, Archaeological Prospection 2015, poster Comparison of the results of magnetic and gradient surveys with the real situation in the field on the basis of excavations at Akrai/Acrae, south-eastern Sicily. New possibilities for the interpretation of geophysical maps (by Roksana Chowaniec and Krzysztof Misiewicz).
7. September 17-19, 2014, Wrocław, Poland, 1st International Symposium on Pottery and Glass OSTRAKON - "Pottery and Glass in Ancient and Medieval European Culture&rdquo, Glass from polish excavations in Roman settlement at Akrai, Sicily (by Marcin Wagner)
8. June 30-July 2, 2015, Cargèse, France, International Colloquium, The Geoarchaeology of Mediterranean Islands: Multidisciplinary approaches to paleoenvironmental changes and the history of the human occupation in the Mediterranean islands since the Last Glacial Maximum, The culinary preferences of the inhabitants of ancient Akrai, south-eastern Sicily. Archestratus, Apicius and archaeological investigations (by Chowaniec Roksana and Gręzak Anna)
9. September 21-25, 2015, Taormina, Italy, XV International Numismatic Congress, The history of ancient town Akrai/Acrae, south-eastern Sicily, in the light of new numismatic finds (by Więcek Tomasz and Roksana Chowaniec)
10. March 16-19, 2016, Rome, Italy, 12th Roman Archaeology Conference, Meat or fish? Exploring consumption patterns in the peripheral town of Acrae (Sicily) (by Roksana Chowaniec)
11. June 29-July 1, 2016, Cracow, Poland, Cracow Landscape Conference 2016 „Landscape as impulsion for culture: research, perception & protection”, Greek and Roman impact on the environment. Case study: Akrai/Acrae in south-eastern Sicily (by Roksana Chowaniec)
12. September 12-16, 2016, Lausanne, Switzerland, XIIIth Conference of the International Association for Ancient Wall-Paiting, poster Le nuove picture parietarie ad Akrai in Sicilia (by Żelazowski J., Chowaniec R., Lanteri R.)
13. September 25-October 2, 2016, Lisbon, Portugal, 30th Congress of the Rei Cretariae Romanae Fautores Regional and supra-regional supply of fine pottery in Akrai/Acrae (Sicily). First results of the new excavations in 2011-2015 (by Domżalski Krzysztof)
dr Roksana Chowaniec
Institute of Archaeology
University of Warsaw
Krakowskie Przedmiescie 26/28
PL 00-927 Warszawa
tel. +48 22 5522827
fax.+48 22 5522801